We currently have one vacancy. Please see below
Governor required -
Wanted New Governor’s
We are currently looking for new parent governors to join our friendly governing body. Our governors come from a range of different backgrounds, skills and experience but all share a common interest of wanting the best possible education for the children in our school.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who:-
• Is interested in children’s education and the performance of the school
• Is community spirited and would like to represent the community
• Has spare time and the energy for the role
• Is able to work well as part of a team
• Has an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that affect the school
• Can consider matters objectively and make informed judgements
These volunteer positions are open to parents/guardians or other people from our community.
What is the role of the governing body?
• Helping to set and review the school’s strategic direction and agreeing targets for improvement
• Holding the headteacher and school leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
• Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure public money is well spent
What does the role offer?
• A chance to develop your own personal skills
• Access to a programme of free training in respect of education/governance matters
• A sense of achievement in helping make a difference to children reaching their potential
• The support and guidance from fellow governors
Governors are essential for the effectiveness and success of the school and it is an
extremely rewarding and fulfilling role.
If you are interested or know of somebody else who would be then please contact the school office on 01582 863516.