Vision and Mission Statement
At Thornhill Primary School our vision is to develop happy, motivated pupils, staff and governors who are empowered to learn and aspire to be the best.
We will achieve this by;
- Creating an environment for learning that is stimulating and enjoyable for both pupils and staff so that we can work together as a whole school community
- Focusing on improving standards of attainment and progress through enquiry and curiosity so that pupils are able to express themselves with confidence
- Providing a positive ‘can do’ culture where praise, respect and encouragement prevail so that we are willing to embrace change, be innovative and respond to new ideas
- Embedding self-respect and self-discipline in work and behaviour
- Listening to our school community, valuing their views and acting on what they say
- Working in partnership with other professionals in order to improve our provision and practice
By the time they leave Thornhill, our pupils will
- Be proud of their achievements
- Be lifelong learners with a strong set of practical, social and emotional skills
- Have a sense a sense of personal achievement and pride in their school and their community.
- Move to their new school with confidence and a desire to build on their knowledge
Please see the Vision Statement Attachment Below