Who we are
The PTA, Parent Teachers Association, is comprised of parents and carers of children at Thornhill Primary School and the staff at the school. We have a PTA committee which meets regularly. Everyone is free to join the committee at any time, please ask at the office for the date and time of the next meting or to register an interest to join us – we would be very grateful for your help and support.
What we do
We organise numerous events and activities throughout the school year in order to raise funds. Our main fundraising events are the Christmas and Summer Fayres but we also organize things such as ‘Mothers and Fathers Day Secrets’, where the children can buy a secret present, cake sales, indulgence evenings, discos and Christmas parties.
The money raised is all spent on the children to enhance their experiences and opportunities throughout their time at Thornhill.
Activities that we have subsidized in the past include:
- All school trips
- Annual visiting pantomime and a range of other visitors to support the curriculum
- Skipping workshop
How you can help?
As you can see from above we need HELP, doing things like:
- Sourcing and buying presents for ‘secrets’
- Wrapping ‘secrets’ presents
- The sale of the ‘secrets’
- Bagging up cakes for the cake sale
- Assisting with the cake sales
- Planning, setting up and clearing away at the Summer & Christmas Fairs
- Organising events
- Helping at the Christmas Parties
- Or just joining the committee
We are always looking for new ideas and for new people to join us!