Ethos, Aims and Values
At Thornhill Primary school, we aim to create a welcoming, positive, caring environment where relationships are based on respect. We believe that this in turn will develop a positive sense of self-esteem in all children. Staff at Thornhill are committed to maintaining high expectations of good behaviour as an essential contribution to the educational experience of children.
At Thornhill Primary School our vision is to develop happy, motivated, empathetic, resilient and respectful pupils who are:
- able to work together as a team
- willing to embrace change
- able to express themselves with confidence
- willing to learn and aspire to be the best
- able to give, receive and value feedback
- able to understand their emotions and apply strategies to manage difficult decisions/situations.
Underpinning our school vision is a clear set of values that we believe applies not only in school but in real life. These core values will be explicitly taught to all children and will be held in the highest esteem and rewarded frequently across the school. They are:
Respect, Appreciation, Resilience, Aspiration, Friendship, Courage, Pride, Confidence, Kindness, Positivity, Love and Tolerance
Please see attached our SMSC statement. The policy can be found under our policies.