If you are interested in enrolling your child to our school please contact our office on 01582 863516 and we will make an appointment for you to come in and meet with the head teacher and see the school. Please be aware that you must notify Central Bedfordshire Council Admissions on 0300 300 8037 to apply for a school place..
In the event of oversubscription within any of the criteria listed below, preference will be given to applicants who live closest to the school, as measured in a straight line (by a computerised geographical information system) from a point on the school site to a point at the pupil’s home, i.e. as the crow flies, both identified by the Local Land and Property Gazetteer. Where two or more pupils are equal in all respects and it is therefore not possible to differentiate between them, a method of random allocation by drawing lots will be used to allocate places (supervised by someone independent of the school).
1. Places will first be allocated to a ‘looked after child’ or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements, or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a Local Authority in the exercise of their social services functions in accordance with section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989 at the time of making an application to a school. An adoption order is an order under the Adoption Act 1976 (see section 12 adoption orders) and children who were adopted under the Adoption and Children’s Act 2002 (see section 46 adoption orders). A ‘child 2 arrangements order’ is an order settling the arrangements to be made as to the person with whom the child is to live under section 8 of the Children Act 1989 as amended by section 12 of the Children and Families Act 2014. Section 14A of the Children Act 1989 defines a ‘special guardianship order’ as an order appointing one or more individuals to be a child’s special guardian (or special guardians).
2. Places will then be allocated to pupils who, at the closing date for applications, live within the catchment area of the school, whose parents have requested a place at the school and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the school.
3. Places will then be offered to children of permanent full or part-time staff who have either been employed at the school for two or more years at the time of application or recruited to fill a vacant post where there was a demonstrable skill shortage. The relationship to the child is defined as by blood or adoption or with legal parental responsibility and living with the child in the same house Monday – Friday.
4. Places will then be allocated to other pupils who, at the closing date for applications, live within the catchment area of the school and whose parents have requested a place.
5. Places will then be allocated to pupils who live outside the catchment area of the school, whose parents have requested a place and who, at the time of admission, will have a brother or sister attending the school.
6. Places will then be allocated to other pupils who live outside the catchment area of the school whose parents have requested a place.
Our nursery is now Ofsted approved to accept 2 year olds. If you receive certain benefits you could be eligible for up to 15 hours of free childcare for your 2 year old. If you think you may qualify, please contact Central Bedfordshire for further information. Families who do not qualify but would like to pay can do so at a cost of £4.00 per hour. Please contact the school office for further information.
Reception - 30 Children
Year 1 - 30 Children
Year 2 - 30 Children
Year 3 - 30 Children
Year 4 - 30 Children
Year 5 - 30 Children
Year 6 - 30 Children
For more information about School Admission on the Central Bedfordshire Council website please click here